Super Engine Swap

From: Jarod \ (jester1@linkline.com)
Date: Sun Aug 27 2000 - 17:09:35 EDT

Hey i was reading a bit about the new hemis that are heading our way and I
was thinking could I shoehorn in one of these monsters into a dakota with
out breaking the southern cali smog laws? If not where do i move so i can
get one >=) the first of them the 5.7 seems like if would fit into a dakota
but then you see the dakota sidewinder with a v10 and get all warm and fuzzy
about a 6.1 hemi with a badass shaker with the words HEMI KODA on it, and
about a mile of rubber chunks left behind it.
Well basicly i have no clue what is behind engine swaping or the money it
takes to move one of these projects, but where there's a will to get 350
horseys into my truck THERE MUST BE A WAY! So what am i looking at time wise
moneywise etc. I know you guys cant give me specifics cause duh the engines
r still prototype but gives me estimates or if anything maybe this will be a
good discussion.
-Jarod Johnson
Owner of the Purple Acura Eater (or anything that pulls up next to me)