RE: Re: MP Computer installed

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 12:40:53 EDT

I can't tell you whether yours is switchable or not. Mine is not. It
depends on whether or not your VIN and odometer are contained within the PCM
or not.

Pinging, on the other hand, is sometimes noticeable and sometimes not,
especially since you have modified your exhaust. You may not hear light
pinging over the exhaust noises. By the time you hear your pinging it's
hammering those pistons pretty good. Besides, what if you decide to haul
something and you have a tankful of 87. Are you going to drain it and put
the 91 in?

It's your truck and you take care of it the best you see fit. I just would
hate to see you writing the DML later and asking what the cheapest way to
replace an engine is. All for a couple bucks now. Don't forget, one must
pay to play and paying now is a lot cheaper than paying later...even with
inflated dollars.

My $.02
Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD