Re: Head Work & Dyno Results?

From: Ptturbo@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 22:39:38 EDT

Low lift flow is where the pay off is in a street engine.
Regardless of how many angle grind you opt for,
look for casting and machining ridges & ledges close to the valves.
Make sure the short-side radius, um, the inside of the curve, in
the exhaust port is nice & smooth. You don't have to be "CJ Batten"
with the grinder, just make sure the seats blend nicely into the bowls.
Remove the valves, and using your finger, check out the transition
from the ex-valve seat to the inside of the port (short side radius).
People throw a lot of numbers around, but that is where there are the most
gains in flow for the least amount of grinding... The area in the port that
is
closest to the valve is the most improved by minor grinding.
HTH's
MV