RE: Offroad capability (was: Tired of getting slammed)

From: Chapell, Ron (RChapell@rlps.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 13:06:54 EDT

<<<Thanks Jon, but I really think any 4x4 Dak with the right tires is
just as capable off-road as a stock ANYTHING. That's what surprises
Jeep guys who think their stock Jeeps are untouchable. They aren't,
the thing that makes them desireable for off-roading is that they
have *potential* to be built up into super-Jeeps. Stock Jeeps aren't
any tougher than Daks in my experience.>>>>

I find this to be true expect for the fact the jeeps have solid front axles
which equals stronger unit and better articulation. And I don't know about
the GenIII Dakota, but I know my genII CC has a terrible turning radius.
JMHO. But I still love my DAK!!!

Chapell