Re: Got this back from DC on the Brakes

From: Bob Mankin (bob@cadpros.com)
Date: Tue Aug 29 2000 - 14:53:13 EDT

Y2KDakuda@aol.com wrote:

> This is what I sent them
> I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota and the brakes suck. The rotors and pads needed
> to be replaced at 9,000 miles but were not replaced until 12,000 miles
> because it took along time for the parts to come in. Now I am at 20,000
> miles and the brakes make so much noise it is driving me crazy. The dealer
> said that i would have to pay because I am over 12,000 miles so my question
> is do I not get a new 1 year 12,000 mile warnety on the new brakes is it
> just a one time thing. I want the braks fixed I know the Dakota and Dodge
> have brake problems I had an advenger and it needed brakes every 6,000 miles
> whats the deal with brakes. I know many many people with dakotas I run a
> National Dakota Truck club and I am a member of the Dakota Mailing List most of them need new rotors and pads before
> 15,000 miles. I have owned a lot of cars and trucks and the dodge is the
> only one I have owned that needed brakes that fast most lasted 30,000 miles
> or more.
>
> What I got back:
> Dear Chris,
>
> Thank you for your e-mail to DaimlerChrysler.
>
> Replacement Mopar brake pads and rotors carry a 12 month or 12,000 miles warranty whichever comes first. If you have further questions, please contact your local DaimlerChrysler dealership.
>
> Thank you for your contact and sharing your concerns

Chris,

Make sure your dealer understands that it is the REPLACEMENT parts which
are giving you fits and that they have less than 12K miles on them.
Perhaps they think you are talking about the ORIGINAL parts which would
be past the standard warranty period and they can stonewall you on that.
I agree that you have them by the gonads on this one. Any replacement
part is going to have a 12/12 warranty. If they continue to give you
grief, get back on the phone to DC. This one is pretty cut and dry with
no wiggle room for the dealer.

Bob