I will never understand some people.

From: DAK4JLB@aol.com
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 00:08:16 EDT

Why would you buy a performance model vehicle and never use it to perform?
There are countless times that I have challenged someone to a race and they
forfeited. For instance, last night I was stopping to feed the hungry beast
and while I was pumping gas I notice a fellow R/Ter roll by staring like
hell. When I am done at the gas station I cruise through the main hang out
for all of the local cruisers just to make my intimidating appearance. When I
start pulling back out to the main drag I look across the street and coming
out of the parking across from me was no other than the mystery R/T. He had
his signal on to go my direction so I bounce out to the strip and wave him
on. He of course hears and sees me, his eyes got big as his co-pilot starts
pointing and he backs up into the lot and waits for me to go by. I turn
around about a block down the road and come back and he was missing but I saw
him in the distance so I proceed after him. I catch him after a mile or so
and he acted as if he was going to race as I approached and even as I rode up
beside him. Suddenly he looks over in amazement and sees that it's me and he
suddenly had to turn off the road into an empty parking lot. WTF?? I could
understand him trying to hide from embarrassment if was a Fraud Ranger V6 or
something but come on, it's an R/T and so am I, why not go for the title? I
have had my R/T for 1 year this September 4th and have challenged at least 50
other R/T's and only one of them excepted and he was a friend that knew he
would get beat due to lack of mods and the weight differ (I'm RC and he is
CC) but he still went for it. I don't understand people's thinking, I will
race anything that wants to, whether it be a Pinto or a Viper GTS (I have
raced 3 vipers total) I'm not backing down, why when there is nothing at
stake it's just all fun and games.

Zeus