RE: RE: Front cover for 91-96 daks, who makes one

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 03:48:22 EDT

Well, "strip your paint off" is kind of an exaggeration, but they aren't
very good for the finish. What happens is dirt, grit, etc. accumulates under
the bra and scratches up your nice paint. If you want to use one you need to
take it off every week or so and wash the truck and the bra and put it back
on. Pain in the butt, huh?

I know someone who only uses theirs on road trips... there's an option.

I hate the look of the bug deflectors too, busts up the pretty line of the
hood and grille. But I'm thinking about getting one anyway. Ugly deflector
vs. rock chips... sigh. Tough choice.

- Alex