Re: Powerdyne Problem....it's baaaaack.

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:34:11 EDT

Good information, Bernd. Hope the problem stays fixed for you this time.

I know I don't need to warn you about the police in Georgetown. They are
well-known for their radar guns.

Look forward to the info you get from the Dyno. Man, you can't beat
computer re-progrmaing on the dyno specifically tailored to your vehicle!
What a deal! ;^)

Richard in San Antonio

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:57:59 -0500 "Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@texas.net>
writes:

> Well, on a recommendation by another fellow DML'er (Tim Berry), I
> installed
> the 10:1 FMU Plate from Vortech and the fuel problem has
> ceased...for now.
> (No, I didn't reset the computer at all.)
>
> After talking with Vortech on this, they even recommended the 8:1
> for the V6
> just to prevent the excessively high pressure under boost. And it
> is
> confirmed, our systems run at 49.2psi, + or - 5psi, and the 80psi
> that I was
> seeing under 6lbs. of boost is too high. (Thanks TedO for the fuel
> pressure
> info.)
>
> I've taken her down to Georgetown and back and pushed her pretty
> hard
> without any fuel problems or cutting out. I'll give it another day
> before I
> end this.
>
> As for having the computer reflashed, i'm not going to do this until
> after I
> get the return line installed on Thursday (Colvin Automotive) and
> after it's
> been run through its paces on their Dyno so we can see what really
> happening. If required, they can reprogram the computer on their
> site while
> on the Dyno. (And it's no $600 either...gotta love them for that!!)
> :)
>
> - Bernd

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.