Re: 4.7L owners-PLEASE help me!

From: s_villaire@yahoo.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 2000 - 21:32:32 EDT

Will,

The easiest way to drain the system is through the thermostat housing. This
is located (if you are facing engine) on the lower left front of the engine.
Use a flashlight to look for the housing. There is a black radiator hose
that connects to a plastic collar. There is two bolts (maybe 10mm?) that
hold the collar to the engine. Remove both of these bolts pull hose away
from engine and whala instant piss stream of coolant! Good idea to place
bucket of some sort under motor to catch coolant. While you are poking
around in there you might just want to go ahead and replace the thermostat
with a 180. I used Robert Shaw p/n 330-180. Put everything together in the
reverse order, open the radiator cap dump your radiator relief in fill rest
with 50/50 coolant water mixture. Good to go!

Shawn