Re: I always knew my 3.9 was much faster than those little 4.7s!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 00:41:08 EDT

Not to knock a 6r. Ed's does just fine and might get faster!!!!! And
Bernd's sounds like it's going to be wicked. And Gary proves that you
don't need a V8 to dust Corvettes with impunity!

However...

I don't think there are any stock 6's that really want to play with a
regular cab, 5-Speed, 2wd, 4.7 with a 3.92 sure grip. The Codename for a
stripped one of these at the local dealer is the R/T Killer!

Now to get one of these, add a hotchkis setup, the new headers, custom Y,
tru duals, a TB, Intake, a mopar computer, flares, MASSIVE tire and wheel
package, fiberglass hood, front air damn, rear roll pan...... All for less
than $20K

Kinda leaves you with enough cash for a supercharger.....

But hey, I can still run 15's at the strip, dust Cobra SVT's and M3's at
the Autocross, carry 2000lbs of textbooks in my bed, AND tow a 67 Fury
Convertible for a friend. All this in my lowly stock SLT + club cab with
that wimpy little 4.7l... Want to race? See you at Buttonwillow in 8
weeks. Pinkley's not invited!

-STE