Re: JET Perform Tranny? PLEASE HELP

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 21:41:42 EDT

>>I am looking at replacing the horribly rebuilt (by dodge) 518 that i
have in
my 92 4x4 Dakota with a JET performance transmission, does anyone have
one of
these in there truck, know of anyone, or know absolutely anything about
how
well these trannies are made, any info at all about this will help<<

the JET trannies are strong, but they are made for a non-lockup torque
converter, which means you'd have to get a new converter. May be more
trouble than it's worth. I say, go to a reputable tranny shop and have it
done right

-miggitymike

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.