Re: Removing Stickers/Steel Vs. Fiberglass

From: mike d. (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 21:50:50 EDT

>>Me again. I want to remove the graphics from my Dakota. It's very
new. are there any tricks to it, I know the sooner the better.<<

GooGone or WD40. Also try a hair dryer. It's really easy =) Just hold the
hair dryer on it for a couple seconds, then peel off slowly. Any residue
will come off with the WD40.

>>What are the Pro's and con's to fiberglass roll
pans and Hoods in comparison to steel ones. <<

I say go with steel. You can weld it in and have it molded to the fenders
so the back is all smooth. Costs a little more than a bolt-on, but then
again, it won't look like it's bolted on (which looks kinda' cheap IMHO).

My advice: when you buy something for your truck, spend the extra money
on the best stuff out there. Don't settle for something because it's
cheaper (ie. Airraid vs. K&N). Spend the money on the gooooooood stuff =)
you won't be sorry!

-miggitymike

miggitymike@juno.com
http://surf.to/Project13s
PROJECT 13's ----> slammed 88 Dakota, 360 Magnum swap in progress!!

      "support your local economy... lower your truck"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.