Who's the DIP?

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 02:33:31 EDT

    Once again I picked up my 2000 QC with 8550 miles on it from my dealer Friday. This compliant was about the Auto Tranny dip stick popping out about 1/2", I dropped off the DAK Tuesday morning about 9:30am. Service Manger said all this work (Brakes, A/C, Front-end alignment, Auto Tranny dipstick popping out about 1/2 & hesitation in the Tranny) the Dak will spend the night. OK well where do I pick up the loaner? The Service Manger says they don't give out the Loaners till after 4pm. "Now what am I going to do till then wait around here?" I asked. That's the way we do it here is his come back. After going to the Sales Manger about this I had to wait for an hour for the rental Car Company to bring me a car. And that was a ferd turas to boot. Oh yea back to the dipstick, I call back on Wednesday afternoon about the Dak and was told they ordered a new dipstick for the tranny. Well Thursday about 3:45pm they called the house and said it was ready. Seeing I go to work at 3pm T!
!
hursday I went to get it Friday morning. And then go and tell me that the dipstick is like that in all the Trannys and didn't get one in. Anyone here with a 2K with an auto, take a look at their dipstick. Dose it hit bottom when inserting it in the Tranny? And then it will pop out a little bit right then or after driving a little. The deal says the rubber rings are still sealing off the tube OK. I also asked about the recall on the trannys and they "DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH INFO TO DO ANYTHING YET."

Don Mallett
Geocities.com/maldbnsf