Let's put a brake on these brakes!!!!

From: MALDBNSF@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 02:31:58 EDT

Let's put a brake on these brakes!!!!

Picked up my 2000 QC with 8550 miles on it from my dealer today, I brought it in for front brakes grinding and pulsating. This is what the service invoice says

" 05211110 Disc (rotor), Brake-reface (B)
                  721doan,vihn lic: 4660
                        wd 1.10 N/C
         FC: 36 part#: count:
        Claim type:
         Auth Code:
         4660
   05702250 disc brake pads-both sides-front-replaced
                 721 doan,vinh lic#: 4660
                            WD 0.40 N/C

 8554 Brake rotors are warpped, front brake noisy. warr.warr warr
Checked brakes found front brake rotor have 0.018" lateral run out, front
Brake pads glazed. Necessary to resurface front brake rotors (on
the car), removed front brake pads to dedlaze brake pads, reinstall on
vehicle to correct problem. Road test vehicle found brake stop truck
properly at this time. Note: Front brake rotors thickness after
fihished : L/F: 0.956": R/F: 0.960". "

Hmmmmmmmmm makes you think a little, Did or did they not replace the pads? What is the minumin thickness allowed on the rotors? Why didn't they replace the rotors? Is turning the rotors on the truck better then off the truck? I did TALK with the service manger and he told me that the rotors are warranted for 3/36, I hope!! I'm not happy that everybody else is getting there replaced and I have turned downed warped rotors on my truckL This is even after I talked with DC and got a case # 7631784 about this.

Don Mallett
Geocities.com/maldbnsf