Re: Let's put a brake on these brakes!!!!

From: Jon Smith (fast4x4@nc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 09:29:50 EDT

sounds like a contradiction on the pads.. I'd definitely keep an eye on the
warpage, a lot of times when the rotors are turned to remove warpage, it'll
come right back. Not sure about the min. thickness, it'll be cast into the
backside of the rotor hat....

it doesn't matter if they turn the rotors on or off the truck, they just use
a portable lathe, really cool (and expensive!!) peice of equipment.

if I were you, I'd keep attention to the brakes, and if they so much as
squeak I'd be right back to the dealer over it.

> Hmmmmmmmmm makes you think a little, Did or did they not replace the
pads? What is the minumin thickness allowed on the rotors? Why didn't they
replace the rotors? Is turning the rotors on the truck better then off the
truck? I did TALK with the service manger and he told me that the rotors are
warranted for 3/36, I hope!! I'm not happy that everybody else is getting
there replaced and I have turned downed warped rotors on my truckL This is
even after I talked with DC and got a case # 7631784 about this.