New Stereo Install

From: Tim (magnum318@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 00:11:42 EDT

 Well gang, I got bored and decided to do a stereo system in the ole '95. I
installed (4) Sony X-PLODs 5-1/4 in the doors. I'll be installing Sony
X-Plod 6x9's in the rear cab area(haven't got them yet). In the bed of the
truck I purchased some components from my step-son. I got (2) PETRA
"Hyper-Throws" in 12" and a US AMP to power them that pushes just a measley
150 power. I and my step-son built a custom box that holds the 12"ers in the
front center of the bed with angled boards going over to the edge of the
wheel wells that will hide all the wiring and hold the amp. I'm also
installing in the cab a toggle switch to turn off the SUBs when I don't want
all that BOOM-BOOM. I figured that if I hear another car beside me with his
boom-boom on I'll give them the chance to "TURN IT DOWN"(not because I don't
like it--it's just some of the music they listen to these days, has a lot to
be desired in taste.) If that doesn't work, I'll offer them a challenge to
GO AT IT WITH ME and a LITTLE---- BLACK SABATH with "IRONMAN". I'm taking
pictures along the way and will post on my website when done. I'm sticking
with the stock head unit and installing an RCA converter for the sub
hookups. This way NO-ONE will ever suspect. Yes I do have a locking hard
shell cover.
     Tim R. http://www.users.uswest.net/~magnum318

  Don't mess with us OLE FARTS --We do have a few tricks left up our
sleeves.