RE: Pinging Question...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 00:22:12 EDT

Pinging seems to be a common occurrence in all the Dak engines. Elimination
of this problem has been accomplished by one or more of the following common
solutions. There may be other solutions as well.

1) Changing the spark plugs to a colder plug (Autolite 3923's).

2) Having your PCM re-flashed by the dealer. This effectively retards your
timing. You may feel a loss of power after this is done.

3) Changing to 89 octane gasoline.

4) Changing to a different brand of gasoline.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile