Hughes' or QuickD TB?

From: Doug Myers (dougmyers@starpower.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 14:05:35 EDT

Hey guys,

    I'm looking into getting a ported throttle body, and I've narrowed my
choices down to either the Hughes' Engines TB or the QuickD TB. I'm leaning
toward the Hughes', mainly because they keep the stock throttle blades, and
it still flows 106cfm more than stock. They also use a thin throttle shaft,
and polish the airhorns and bores. That and it's only $165.

    Does anyone have any experience with either of these? What kind of gains
can I expect?

Doug Myers

'99 Dakota RC/SB 318/5-speed/3.92SG
Accel Supercoil, MP 7.5mm Plug Wires, Brass Cap & Rotor, Custom Computer,
K&N "Gen II" FIPK, 180 Degree Thermostat, MP Cam/Lifters/Valve
Springs/Retainers, MP Double Roller Timing Chain, MP Headers, MP Cat-Back,
BFG 275/60R15's, Continental Hard Tonneau