Re: Re: DML : Re:What sensor can I monitor......?

From: Mike Klinke (LSOMike@email.msn.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:43:18 EDT

Interesting question as to which way the o2 sensor would go. I'd would have
thought it would show a lean condition. The o2 sensor measures the amount of
oxygen in the exhaust stream and normally the o2 gets used up in the process
of combustion. Since a missing cylinder will have a butt load of o2 going
out the exhaust valve it would seem that the o2 sensor voltage would be
driven to the lean end of the scale. Anyone ever put a meter on the sensor
and removed a plug wire? Which way does it go?

Regards, Mike Klinke