RE: Powerdyne Update

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 08:53:48 EDT

Look at the following link and then scroll down to the Super FMU.

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/accessories/fuel.html

It's easy....you can adjust the fuel pressure from idle, part, WOT, boost,
and non-boost conditions. This took care of a lot of problems with the
bogging. Since the Powerdyne kit only comes with a static FMU, the fuel
enrichment will only work during boost and only at a set range. This is
great, but with computers that we have, you need something a little bit more
flexible. In my case, I needed a little bit more fuel enrichment at lower
boost pressures so that's now adjusted. I also needed much more at higher
rpms...so that's adjusted as well. And...at part throttle, there wasn't
enough fuel enrichment (at 2-3psi boost) so I adjusted that as well.

As I stated in a previous post, the A/F curve in the trucks is quite lean
and very erratic. (No wonder they ping). I can now smooth this out
manually without having to reflash my computer.

- Bernd