Re: A-Hole Cop

From: Cal Hyer (clhyer@hom.net)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 12:16:49 EDT

Jeremy, I'd say it's time for a couple of pictures if it's not too late.
Take a photo of the front bumper where the tag was ripped off. Got a
receipt or whatever from the DMV where you ordered a replacement - that
should fix that problem.
Take a shot of the rear bumper. If the trailer ball is in the factory mount
that should take care of that item.
The last issue of the fog lamps, I would go to the dealer and have them give
you a notarized statement that the fog lamps are factory and the switch is
as it came from the plant (I trust you didn't run one of those "jumpers").

That should take care of all three items. Don't go in with an attitude, and
don't poor-mouth the cop in court - the judge may do it anyway. If you are
successful in getting the charges dropped write a letter to the police
department with copies to everyone you can think of, city councilmen &
mayor. Good luck, we've only heard one side but it sounds like you have a
case here.

Cal