RE: RE: Pinging Question...

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Sun Sep 03 2000 - 01:17:42 EDT

Same here, Mobil for me. Actually, when I had stock PCM even with Mobil, at
times, pinged with 87. I found it was easier just to use 89 all the time.
That eliminated the problem. With the HP PCM I've only encountered pinging
with one tankful (also Mobil). This was 92 octane. The temperature outside
had cooled down about 15 degrees so if anything it should not have been
pinging. I think sometimes it's just crappy gas. For the Labor Day weekend
my Mobil station just raised its prices for 92 octane to $1.94/gallon.
Isn't supply/demand wonderful?!?
 ;-P

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD