RE: Getting a New R/T

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Fri Aug 04 2000 - 12:27:22 EDT

Well, that's where the problem lies. There's a HUGE difference
between smog legal, and fabricated. Unless you live in the sticks
somewhere, any custom exhaust (header, preCAT) work will put up
a flag during a smog inspection. Smog legal headers 'might' make
it down the road a bit, but minimal performance gains expected
by dropping directly into dual CATs has pushed the 4.7L 50 state CA
header program into a holding pattern.

I deal with smog legal only parts (except Nitrous)... The hassles
of getting caught with non compliant parts and modifications is
not worth it.

Sam '00 RT