Re: RE: Mobil 1 synthetic for automatic transmission?

From: eljefe007 (eljefe007@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 14:10:34 EDT

>From what I've heard and experienced... yes you can run a synthetic
transmission fluid in the DC transmissions. Many of the synthetics out there
state they are compatible with 7176+ requirements. I'm running Amsoil in
mine - 2000 Dakota w/4.7 and also have it in a 92' Ramcharger w/5.2. The
Ramcharger has over 100,000 miles of use with the Amsoil in the trans, and
I've never once had a problem. I'm running the same Amsoil fluid in my 2000
based on the recommendation of a local Dodge service manager, and have had
ZERO problems so far - 15,000 miles with the synthetic in the trans.

Jeff