Re: RE: Need Help Buying a Car Stereo

From: NVMYDakota@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 17:26:48 EDT

In a message dated Mon, 4 Sep 2000 5:03:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Hoostine" <hoostine@geocities.com> writes:

<<you could fit a standard din sized
unit in your truck with an adapter plate. they cost $12-$20 at radio shack.
you can get a wiring adapter from radio shack
for ~$7.

Personally I used Wiring stuff from Radio Shack, I thought it sucked, the wires were cheap, when stripepd they pulled apart easy (the copper was brittle) I personally have also tried the generic ones bought at Autozone, hate them too, the plastic that the headunit mounts on is flimsy witha thick edge, doesn't look good, and does make it resess so the face is FLAT, it sticks out slightly, you might like this, but personally I hate this. I bought a Quality Scosche one from Ultimate Eletronics (most Car Stereo shops use good ones) Just ask them to see the piece before you use it, norammly a good one requires NO ASSEMBLY! If it has 2 peice, it doesn't looks as good as the simple one piece ones.

As for the wiring I HIGHLY recomend gettin a GOOD conenctor, it only plugs into the factory side, but it has the generic COlor codin on the wires, makin install a snap (Still double check, Crossed wires makes a BIG mess)

Greg