Re: Mods and factory warranty

From: Tanner & Beth Sammons (sammons@primary.net)
Date: Mon Sep 04 2000 - 18:04:48 EDT

Thanks to everyone who has responded to my question. I am in the process of
building a po-boy cold air out of 3" id mandrel bent exhaust pipe, still
waiting on the K&N that was ordered last week. Once I have got the piping
setup, I am going to send the pipe off to Jet-Hot to have it coated.
Hopefully, this will help keep the air cooler and keep it looking nicer
longer. The whole setup shouldn't cost more than $75. I will keep everyone
informed as to progress, problems and will get some pics during project.

I do have one additional question. I am considering putting a Flowmaster
series 50 2.5"in/2.5"out in place of my stock muffler on my 4.7. I was
planning on putting a longer pipe between the cat and the muffler, using the
existing tailpipe. Has anyone done this to their dak, preferably the 4.7?
If so, what type of effect did it have on performance (low end grunt,
midrange & top-end)???

Thanks,
Tanner