Re: Need Help Buying a Car Stereo

From: Dodgezilla69@cs.com
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 09:07:01 EDT

 tom ... ill try to answer your ? in order and hope that they will help
...1st ..the radio..it depends if you want one that fills the hole or a reg.
sized one that you get a install kit for ..if ya go with the hole filler the
choice is easy pioneer or alpine are the only good companys that make that
size radio there are a couple others but they are not worth mentioning ...id
go with the alpine personally but the pio. is a little cheaper and easier to
get they both will have sufficient power to run stock and basic replacement
speakers ..if you go with a reg. size radio with a kit the choice is harder
because there is more to choose from i recommend alpine,sony,clarion,jvc and
panasonic ..for the features you metioned i highly recomend the alpine i
bought one to put in my wifes car and wow was i impressed (and thats hard to
do lol) it rocks the one i got ran for just under 400 at circuit city ..im
not sure of the model number but if ya would like to know i can look it up
...its got all ya want changer controls ,power and more...2nd....install ...
im not sure about the gen I , II daks but the gen III daks is real easy just
pop the black dash part off and then ya got two bolts , un plug from the back
of radio and its out ..buy a wire adapter and install is just repeat take out
steps ..3rd changer controls ..technically yes all radios are changer
compatible ..but the radios that dont come with the conrtols built in require
a fm modular changer control which can run about 50 - 150 dollars more then
one for a built in control the cost of the radio it self isnt that much for
good stuff a nice one will run 250 to 450 ..well i hope that this helps i
know its kinda long ( sorry) but ya hit on a nerve that i love to talk about
if ya got any more ? feel free to ask just mail me on or off the dml ill be
glad to point ya in the right direction ..good luck ...

  jake