RE: R/T difference Re: Jack

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 09:00:03 EDT

Jack, I never said it put out more than the 5.9L, I agree it has more, no
question, I agree 100% the 5.9L has more, but not a "pant load"
With a K&N filter I have a dyno run (4.7L) showing 285 ft lbs @ RW's, that
is about 335 at the flywheel.
No question Jack, 5.9L has more Torque, but you are under estimating the
4.7L engine.
I hate to burst your bubble but, Displacement is great, but just like the SS
chevy pickup with the 454, if you aren't efficient with what you have what
difference does it make??? Yea, you can keep adding parts, and you'll
finally end up with some respectable numbers, but having 73 cubes more and
only posting 10 more HP and 10-20 more ft lbs??? I don't exactly call
that a Pant load!! Sorry Jack!

Matt--VA--Y2K-HEMI `00 Sport Plus RC
209.9 RWHP/285 RWTQ