RE: Adding Posi-track or sure-grip?

From: Neal Arita (neal@heide-cook.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 14:02:47 EDT

While the Posi is more street-friendly, the No-Slip is cheap and easy to
install. As others have stated already, there are some driving "quirks"
that you'd have to get used to: like chirping the tires while making
tight turns, mild "clunking" sounds, and a "pushing" sensation when
accelerating in turns. There's no snow here (in Hawaii) so I'm not sure
how it will react in snow - I heard it takes some getting used to.
There are many positives also; in conditions off-road, it works great.
I tow a trailer occasionally and have found the No-Slip to be very good.
It also will help leaving two (2) equal black marks on the pavement when
accelerating hard from a stop :-).
Hope this information helps.
If I had unlimited cash, I'd probably go for a tight Posi Unit, but as
it goes, I am very pleased with the No-Slip.

Neal Arita - from Hawaii
'97 CC, 5.2, Auto, No-Slip