Re: Auto Tranny Service help

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 16:54:18 EDT

> Had a shop replace the gasket on my tranny pan a couple months back and it
> seems to be leaking again. So, I'm just going to do it myself this time.
> Wanted to know if there is a filter (screen), that I should replace since
> I'll have the pan off anyway. Also, any tips on the fix would be helpful.
> Thanks!
> --Aaron--
> 95 DSRC 4x4 V6
> www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/

> http://profiles.msn.com.

yeah there is a filter screen. You will need a torx bit (not sure
which size, probably around a 25??). Remove the three torx bolts and
the screen comes off, put the new one on and torque it down.

Make sure you clean the pan and the gasket sealing surfaces. BTW the
new filter will probably come with a new gasket.

While you have the pan off you might want to install a drain plug so
future changes aren't quite as messy

Good luck!

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com