install questions for MSD

From: Chris Hannon (cannon@kansas.net)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 21:38:39 EDT

Hey guys and gals,
Getting ready to hook an MSD 6AL in a couple of days. I've got a few
questions. Here they are:

1) The white wire from the MSD goes to the white wire that connects to
the stock coil, correct? And I leave the green wire that goes to the
stock coil alone?

2) The red wire, the manual says, goes to a 12 volt source. Which one?
Can I hook it up to the same thing that powers my head-unit (stereo)?
What'd you all use?

3) I don't need to use the magnetic pick-up since I'm using the red and
white wires, correct? So I just leave that stuff alone?

4) What about the rev-limiter. Do I need to hook up something from the
tach to it? I have a little 4800rpm chip on the MSD. Is that all I need?

Thanks for the help. All I'm waiting for is some plug wires from Truck
Performance (should be here tomorrow) and a coil bracket for the Blaster
3 (damn thing is big, maybe I'll make my own bracket) and then I'll be
ready to hook everything up.

Later,
Chris Hannon
'95 Dak Sport 239 soon to be 360ized