RE: R/T difference Re: Jack NOW something diff =]

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 21:54:42 EDT

FYI-- Mopar has ALWAYS quoted their HP/torque ratings on the low side
of things. Why??? Some say to give a few early models of HI po cars a
break on insurance ratings. Others claim the lower rating is for variances
in
quality (230 hp minimum...)

My '99 RT with light mods, etc. ran 209 @ 295 ft lbs. at the local dyno. My
BONE STOCK '00 RT ran a 204 @ 270 ft lbs. on the same dyno under the same
conditions. Then, applying some of those same mods, I've come up with 237 &
327 ft lbs.
Not to mention a truck that'll get into the 14.6s without much effort.

I think it's just Mopars way...

Sam '00 RT