Re: R/T difference Re: Jack

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 23:57:10 EDT

"Steven St.Laurent" <Saint1958@home.com> wrote:
>First, I drove both also but the there was no 4.7 in 1999. The 99 R/T five
>speed had a great off-the-line start but with the parasitic loss the 4.7
>will catch it in the end. Now for the HO PCM, this will equal out the

I think the thing to keep in mind here is that we are comparing two
engines, not complete power trains. A 4.7 5 speed will keep up with a
5.9 automatic, but the automatic loses much more power than the 5
speed. Therefore, the 5.9 has to be putting out enough additional
power to make up for the extra loss of the automatic. Put a 5 speed
behind the 5.9 so it could go head to head with the 4.7 on even terms,
and the 4.7 would be seeing nothing but tailgate.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club,Executive Board,SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html