Re: DakQC 4.7 - conversion to Auto ?

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 10:23:16 EDT

You would need different shifting mechanism on steering column, and additional
computer, possibly a different wiring harness, a different radiator..yada
yada. Too much time/money. If you did it try to find a donor truck in the
junk yard with _everything_ you need. Then plan on a mild adventure and
time-suck.

This would be my plan A:
Deal with it until your not upside down on the loan while saving toward your
next truck, sell the old one privately, use saved cash + cash from old truck
sale as down/full payment on the truck you really want.
You can tease better mileage from the manual. Just enjoy the benefits and
take more time to consider next time around. I've had the auto from day one
and often wonder if I shouldn't have gotten the manual.
JMHO.

You might find someone who would trade you, but I don't know how the warranty
stuff would shake out and I doubt you would find exactly what you wanted in
other respects.

Marty
'00 4.7L CC 2wd