Re: RE: Maple Grove Raceway

From: Sbak1320@aol.com
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 20:58:58 EDT

 It's a '98 Dakota RC R/T and last weekend's race was an E.T. bracket race
(not heads-up) As the elimination rounds were winding down both days and as
the engine temp. kept getting hotter the Dak was running as slow as mid
14.80s at only a tick over 91 mph.

 As a side note: On Maple Grove's control tower there is a large LCD weather
station display that is visible in the lower parts of the staging lanes that
lets the racers see the current weather conditions to help them choose their
dial-in time.
Anyway, one of the pieces of information that the weather station gives is
the adjusted altitude, which at one point I saw was at 2170'. Maple Grove's
official track elevation is listed at 540'. Mother nature surely wasn't
giving us the horsepower making weather we all love last weekend at Maple. :)
Shane B
http://hometown.aol.com/sbak1320/Index.html

STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil writes:

> What model and engine was in your vehicle?

> Steven St.Laurent
> Test Engineer
> Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
> MARCORSYSCOM, USMC