Transgo Kit WAS: Re: installed msd digital 6+

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 15:52:41 EDT

At 01:07 PM 9/6/00 -0500, you wrote:
>The tape only said, "...if you have a later model Dakota, we recommend
>that you have this installation done professionally.' The Dak on the tape
>looked to be a '92. That's when I got concerned and found out that this
>was beyond my humble abilities. Since it's been a while, let me dig out
>the instructions and see what they had to say about this part.
>
>Also, I will talk with the installer and see what he can tell me. He was
>real particular to make sure that the manual shifts would be smooth, that
>the tranny would hold any gear it was placed in, that it would upshift
>and downshift appropriately and with authority and that it could be put
>into any forward gear at will from any other gear. Richard in San Antonio

Thanks very much, Richard. It looks like mine was not installed that way.
It's been a year and 3 months ... takes the fun out of running down the
1/4 always wondering if it's going to shift up (only erratic, manual upshifts
at WOT near 5000 rpm or so ... otherwise, it works great under all other
conditions). Maybe, your installer has a suggestion as to what can be
done for a fix AFTER an install has been done. Anything would help.
Much appreciated.

Bob