Re: Re: 4.7 Tq vs 5.9 R/T

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 20:22:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/2000 2:57:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com writes:

> The auto trans for the 4.7L has
> its own TCM that controls it, the way I understand it, so I'm not sure the
> MP PCM has any effect on it??? Not sure???

The way I understand it from talking to the tech's here at work is this.
The automatic trucks do have a separate controller, but...it gets signal's
from the PCM to tell it engine load, rpm, etc...
That is why Mopar has a separate listing for automatics, and manuals.

Later,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, and more on the way.