Re: 4.7 Tq vs 5.9 R/T

From: Ransom T Holbrook (ransom@setel.com)
Date: Tue Sep 05 2000 - 18:59:15 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Crook" <Jeff.Crook@ecitelebn.com>
To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 12:08 PM
Subject: DML: 4.7 Tq vs 5.9 R/T

> Matt, The R/T has more TQ then us, but doesn't get to use all of it when
they have larger loss ratios in their auto than you do with the 5 speed. So
it wouldn't be a 50 Ftlb difference at the rear wheel.

You're right! I think this is were some of the difference of opinions come
from. I understand that a 'typical' ATX looses 25% to the wheels and a
'typical' MTX only looses 17%. In addition when considering 1/4 mile times,
you will find that a RC 4.7 5 speed is around 350lbs lighter than a similar
equipped R/T.