Re: 32x11.50 tires w/o a lift?

From: Chris Ryan (CSRyan@teleport.com)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 21:34:31 EDT

Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 12:38:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: Jason Bleazard <drazaelb@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: DML: 32x11.50 tires w/o a lift?

- --- Jack Paulson <cybermail1@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Four Wheel Drive Mag had a chart showing that the 32s
> can be put on without modifications to the truck.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that chart. If it's the one I'm
thinking of, I seem to remember that it says you can fit 33x12.50
tires on a 93-96 Dak with a 3" lift.

Aside from the fact that there is no 3" lift kit in existence for
genII Daks, Dave Kilian had to put on a 4" kit PLUS a 2" body lift
PLUS trim the body of his truck with a hacksaw to fit that size of
tires on his '96.

(This aside, I have seen up close and in person 32x11.50 tires on a
2000 4x4 at stock height, so at least they got that much right.)

I have a 99, I put 32x11.5 BFG ATs on after I realized how crappy the
stock Goodyears were. The 32s rubbed on the frame rail slightly, only in
the front portion of the wheel well, and only on full turns. So if I
cranked it to the right, the left tire would rub, and vice versa. I
recently had a 3" suspension lift done and of course no more rubbing,
and supposedly I can get 33s under there with no problem, with the stock
wheels even. The tires showed absolutely no signs of wear from rubbing
for the 6 or 7 thousand miles before I got the lift, and that shinny
spot on the frame rails eventually disappeared.

Hope that helps,
Chris