Re: Clarification

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 22:22:18 EDT

"Philip Giusto" <giustop001@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
>Anyway, are there optional gear ratios for the R/T? Looking for best all
>around street/ mild strip. Or even manual trannies offered...

Only the 3.92 gears are available in the R/T; however, some R/T owners
have replaced them with 3.55 gears for a few hundred dollars.
Personally I think the 3.92 gears are fine for the track. The manual
transmission is not available on the R/T.

>Finally, are there any bed length/ HP/ Tq/ or performance differences in the
>RC R/T and CC R/T? Sorry for all the questions... I plan on heading to the
>dealer on the weekend and ordering one, for dealer invoice + 2%

The bed length, hp, and tq are the same between the RC and CC. The RC
will be a bit faster because it's lighter. Personally I enjoy the
convenience of the CC too much to give up the extra room for a few
tenths. I just put on more mods to compensate. <grin>

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC RT
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC
Dakota R/T Club,Executive Board,SE Region
http://users.isaac.net/therrin/dakota.html