Fall BBQ/Trail Ride?

From: Jon Steiger (jon@dakota-truck.net)
Date: Thu Sep 07 2000 - 22:55:54 EDT

   I just thought I'd throw this out there before its too late... Is
anyone interested in doing a fall version of the BBQ? Jason (Bleazard) and
I have been talking about it a little bit recently. As far as the date
goes, how about the weekend of October 21st? The leaves should be nice and
colorful by then I hope, and its far enough away so that folks can plan
ahead a bit.

    What would you think if this were a weekend thing instead of just
Saturday? That is, you can come on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, or all
three days if you want. This way maybe more people can work it into their
schedules, and the hard core folks could stay all weekend. :-) (Or maybe
just make it Fri-Sat so you can use Sunday to drive home...) Maybe if we
do a 2 day thing we can all go out to eat somewhere Friday and do the BBQ
on Sat. ?

    For those of you unfamiliar with this event, it would be held in
Forestville, NY (about an hour southwest of Buffalo). In July we had the
2nd annual DML BBQ and Trail Ride; we had 15 people and 12 trucks. LOTS of
fun! :-) The meet report isn't up for that yet (should be shortly) but
the meet report from the 1st BBQ is available on the meet reports page of
www.dakota-truck.net if you're interested in checking that out.

   So, what do you think? Anyone up for this? :-) I am certainly open to
suggestions regarding format, time, etc.

   One caveat though... If we do this, my Ram wants to go somewhere near
the end of the pack during the trail rides so it doesn't have to hear "you
didn't get stuck because you went first" this time. ;-)

                                               -Jon-

   .--- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu ---.
   | Affiliations: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA; Rec & UL Pilot - SEL |
   | '92 Ram 150 4x4 V8, '96 Dakota V8, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly 447 |
   `------------------------------ http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ----'