Re: Going to MSd ignition-which coil?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 08:57:14 EDT

At 03:06 PM 9/7/00 -0700, you wrote:
>I have The Digtal 6 MSD and the accel super coil and it is a great mod.
>I was checking my plugs last night after about 2 weeks of usage and the
>plugs are white.....? I am going to install the 3923 this weekend but I
>am going to dyno my truck first with the 3924 Autolite's Scott Q

Scott

A white colored plug is caused by engine overheating which 'could'
lead to engine damage if not looked into.

Common causes for this are:
* Incorrect spark plug (too hot heat range).
* Low octane fuel.
* Timing is not set properly.
* Cooling problems, (dirty cylinder fins, low coolant level, low engine oil).
* Air/fuel mixture is too lean (too much air).
* Leaking crankshaft seals, no oil, base or head gasket leaks.
* Not enough load put on the engine just before looking at the plugs.

Might be a good idea to put in the 3923s and run them on the highway
at varying speeds and do a check on them right afterwards.

Bob