May mods I am thinking about

From: durling@attglobal.net
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 19:55:18 EDT

I want to get some opinions and advice on what I am thinking of doing to
my truck. First off I am considering buying a magnum 360 from a '95
donor ram. The mods that I am considering will pretty much be the same
on both trucks.

1) MPI manifold - already have a ported tb but am looking at diferent
ideas here as well
2) Ported heads most likely from mopar performance
3) 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers - I am looking at mopar performance,
crower, and hughes
4) This would include an entire rebuild of the top-end. Any suggestions
on valves, springs, etc. I am looking at keith black pistons at this
point.
5) New double-roller timing chain
6) Maybe mopar performance PCM (see below)
7) Viper torque converter and transgo shift kit
8) Auburn gear limited slip differential
9) Sway-bars and caltrac traction bars
10) A rear disc brakes kit if possible
11) Forgot to mention earlier 24# matched injectors (already have)
12) MSD Digital 6 and HVC coil

Here is where it gets dicey....I am also looking at a powerdyne sc. What
I am wondering is can it be used with the MP PCM. If so, what problems
could or would I have? If not, what are the particular reasons? I really
want to know the details. Not at all interested in NOS. Nothing against
the guys who run it I think it is the best bang for the buck but I
always liked sc's and have the ich to try one.

Also, some of you know that I have put R/T wheels on my '96. I have no
problems with my spacers but I am really ccurious as to what makes the
'97 amd up daks and '91-'96 daks so disimilar in the front end that you
have problems mounting thier wheels without rigging it somehow. I just
bought bot left and right a-arms, spindles, rotors, and calipers from a
junkyard that has been very goof to me in the past. I am bust right now
but I am going to start doing some research as to what exactly was
changed from the gen II's to the gen III's. If anyone already knows
please post it. My feeling is that it is only the rotors, calipers and
caliper mounts. These are still assemplied so I can see firsthand.

Not to keep making this longer but I understand about some of the R/T
guys and their feelings about people who make false R/T looks. I am not
definatly trying to copy it but must admit I like the look. Until the
gen III's came out with the R/t I just felt that something was missing
and wonder how the gen II would look if they offered an R/T or the like.
Nothing wrong with what they did offer just want something different.
Dodge Different! I also got a set of R/T springs and may instal them
with a set of bilstiens made for the R/T and western chassis hanger kit
in the rear set at about an 1" or 1.5" to see if it works. I can lower
my truck but not very much and I understand that the R/T springs were
not that much shorter than stock just enough to make the stance.

Any comments (besides the gigantic post) and suggestions would be
greatly appreciated. I am not ready to start this project but want to
work out the details to have a direction to go in. BTW, if I go with the
360 how much trouble do you guys think it would be to bolt in? (motor
mounts matching, room, mating with my current auto, etc?) Again, I
really want help with this. Sorry for such and extremely long post but
I'm very detailed oriented and want to get this going.

Jeff Durling
'96 RC Sport