Re: Transmission Shifter Help

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 19:55:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/7/00 10:05:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
DICEMAN469@aol.com writes:

<< Are the electrical connections to the A-518 the same as the NV-3500? (IE
 can I use the same engine wiring harness?) >>

Probably different as the computer would probably be different to allow for
the speed sensor ???

<>

I have the B&M Mega shifter in mine and I belive it was for a 727. I had to
do some mods to make it work but it does work OK. Should you decide to go
this route let me know and I'll take some pics and give ya some tips.

<< I looked on the van wiring harness and found a button for overdrive. This
scares me. I really don't feel like trying to splice anything. Is this thing
needed for OD? I sure hope not, cuz if it is and I gotta splice, I'm running
back to that manual pretty quickly!!>>

You will want to OD to work for economy reasons if this is going to be street
driven. The button, I belive, is more than just a button and using it would
probably be the easier route to take however Mopar Performance HAD a 518
tranny in their catalog for other applications and it had a switch or some
way to utilize it in non computer controlled vehicles. It was a heavy duty
deal which required a non lockup TC. Best thing would probably to look at
both wiring diagrams and compare them.

Bill