Re: Paint.....Warranty??

From: IXLR8RT@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 23:14:27 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/2000 9:58:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
hoegen@kersur.net writes:

> Of course my Dak has just
> past the one year mark, but it only has 24k on it. Do ya think I have a
> case....and if so how should I proceed so I don't get the run-around......I
> want the entire truck repainted as it appears to be everywhere.
>
> TIA
>
> Kevin

Kevin,

I work at a Chrysler/Plymouth dealership, we repaint at least one vehicle
every two weeks.
Chrysler will repaint "the effected area's" for the original owner until up
to 100,000 miles in most cases. The most common car effected is the Lapis
Blue Neon's. The paint flaked off in sheets on that color. They usually
repaint the whole top half of the car.

If your dealership body shop won't help, try a different one.

Good luck,
Jeff C.

"There's no such thing as too much cam, just not enough motor."
--David Freiburger

Jeff Capuzzi
00' Dakota Sport RC 2wd, IB with 4.7 V8, 5 speed, and 3.55 gears.
Decal free, 255/60-15 Firestone's, loud pipes, and more on the way.