Re: extended wheels

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@bigfoot.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 23:57:45 EDT

Many states have laws requiring that tires not extend outside the
confines of the body (flares are considered an extension of the body).

Getting the police to write people up for this, however, is another
matter. It's an easier thing to "fix" when it's time for inspection
than, say, fixing your engine/exhaust to pass emissions, so you likely
won't catch people there. And judging by what else I see cops let
people slide by on around here (broken lights, no muffler, excessive
tint, stereo noise, highbeams), I'm not expecting to see them jumping on
wide tires.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@bigfoot.com ------------------------------------------------------------- "I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now..." --- Steve Wright -------------------------------------------------------------