Re: extended wheels

From: Marty Galyean (mgalyean@acm.org)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 02:19:16 EDT

AZ cops seem to tend to follow the 'no harm, no foul' angle on enforcement. If
your violation causes a problem, or comes close to causing a problem, then they
will ticket, otherwise they usually let a lot of things like lack of turn signals,
speeding, etc. slide. Here in Phoenix, with the vast numbers of the lowriders,
rollerskates, and 4-wheelers with wheels clearly beyond the fenders and flares
the cops could ticket just for extended wheels 24 hours a day for several months
and still not scratch the surface. I guess they pick their battles; maybe its
that way where you are also.

But if someone with extended wheels drives over a traffic cops foot you can bet
they would probably write 4 tickets, one for each wheel, ha ha.

My baja bug is so ridiculously extended beyond the 'fenders' I always drive very
well around cops when in the bug. The rear pathfinders on it must extend beyond
the barely-there-fenders by about 6". The fronts extend at least 4". Never been
ticketed for it.

Marty