Re: Re: RE: Tranny Fluid: Mopar7176 = Dexron III???

From: Chuong Nguyen (dester223@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 03:41:54 EDT

Don't stress yourself out. ATF +3 and the 7176 fluid are the same fluids.
Basically a Dodge tranny fluid

GM and Ford use Dexron III and now ford is putting dex 3/merc 5 into the new
cars. (basically a synthetic ATF off the shelf)

Anyways. If you need a quart to top off your transmission, you can do that,
but I wouldn't recommend changing 4 quarts of it after dropping the pan and
replacing the filter.... If you do that. I'd most definantly get ATF +3.
  this is NOT a dealer only item. You can buy it at your local auto parts
store readily available on the shelf. Just costs about 20-30 cents more?
:-(

-Dester