Re: RE: Tranny Fluid: Mopar7176 = Dexron III???

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 11:35:03 EDT

> Does anyone know for sure what tranny fluid can be used in place of the
> Mopar 7176. My owners manual says Dexron III, my Haynes manual says
Dexron
> II, and someone on here mentioned ATF +3? Needs some help.
> Thanks!

Aaron,
ATF+3 and 7176 ATF go hand in hand. You wont find ATF which is 7176 and not
ATF+3, or vice versa. Most ATF will says 'ATF+3 7176'. Dont use Dexron III,
I did one time in my tcase(which requires 7176) and I couldnt engage 4WD. I
drained it out and filled it back up with ATF+3 and it worked great.