RE: RE: I want to stay on the DML

From: Ryan Stewart (firebird@kymtnnet.org)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 09:04:27 EDT

Not sure who that was to, but I'll explain why a Lightning is diferent. All
of those vehicles are N/A family haulers (though I am surprised you haven't
had ablow head gasket in the Windstar, is it a 3.8? There was a recall).
The Lightning, however, is a SCed truck, abd ask an Lightning owner, you
will perpetual intercooler na dheads leaking until the day you sell the
truck. The warranty will cover it until you run outta warranty. But there is
yet to be a real fix, only temporary fixes. You will see other problems with
the Eaton compared an aftermarket SC on an R/T or other cehivles like a
CamBird or Mustang for that matter. I actually think Ford did a pretty good
job on the 5.4 (though NA it doesn't make as much torque as the 360), but
their choice of SC was bad, they don't work well together at all......

-Ryan
99 DA RC R/T